Sunday, October 12, 2014

Savory Chicharron

I had a Chicharron for the first time today. I was unaware of what it actually was until afterwards. It's a sort of pork rind. It was light and airy. It tasted somewhat like an onion ring... without the onion. Like a funyun done right. A funyun that doesn't totally tear up the inside of your mouth. It wasn't very crunchy. It was sort of cracker-like.

I felt the best way to describe it would be to say it is savory.
I thought about maybe making a food that smells savory, but that seems too literal. I couldn't think of any way to make something feel savory. And even if I could find something that felt savory (because I thought maybe velvet was sort of savory feeling), I wouldn't have much hand in making it. So I decided to make something that sounds savory.
I've never made music before, so it was a little scary and odd.
I wanted it to have deep tones but still be light. And it ends abruptly. Partially because I didn't know how to end the song, and partially because my food, just like the song, ended abruptly.
Proof I made the music myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment